Thursday, July 07, 2005

Driving through God’s Promises

Last night I had the joy of driving through one of God’s promises. On my way home from work to Bible Club I was a bit discouraged because I was running late and it was raining. It was then that I noticed a partial rainbow ahead of me. As I moved closer to the rainbow it grew to be almost complete. I was greatly encouraged because the rainbow was a sign of God’s promise to Noah (and to us) that God would not flood the earth to destroy all life again. (Gen 9:12-16) The rainbow was now complete just to my right as I pulled up behind a shinny big rig which was kicking up quite a bit of water from the road. I t looked like left side of the rainbow was ending somewhere close when the sun hit the rear of the big rig and the cloud of mist from the back of the semi burst into a rainbow! It looked as if I was driving through the end of the rainbow! This reminded me of the old hymn “Standing on the Promises”

Standing on the Promises

Standing on the promises of Christ my King, 
through eternal ages let his praises ring; 
glory in the highest, I will shout and sing, 
standing on the promises of God.

(Refrain)
Standing, standing, 
standing on the promises of Christ my Savior; 
standing, standing, 
I'm standing on the promises of God.

Standing on the promises that cannot fail, 
when the howling storms of doubt and fear assail, 
by the living Word of God I shall prevail, 
standing on the promises of God.

God is good to those who love him; by the way it did not rain at Bible club at all!
God is continuing to bless that ministry in so many ways!

Are you standing on God's promises?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know about muscles you lose contact with. and also measuring.
When we were in Tenn. remodling.
you measured twice before you did anything. It was nice to see you Saturday even so brief. eight I don't beleive it!
Fred your Dad.

7:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home